Ingredients List Breakdown - ZAO Makeup Silk Foundation
As part 2 of our "Ingredients List Breakdown Series" (you can read part 1 here) we'll be breaking down the ingredients in ZAO Makeup Silk Foundation. This foundation contains 100% natural ingredients, making it an extremely pure and clean product to be using on your skin.
It's hard to believe sometimes that this product is created using 100% natural ingredients. It leaves a gorgeous dewy, glowing finish to the skin, which is all thanks to the natural oils included in the formula. ZAO have thoroughly tested and researched their formulations before finalising the finished product. The result is a medium coverage foundation that offers an extensive amount of nourishing ingredients to fight against ageing, moisturise the skin, support collagen production and even treat inflamed, irritated skin. The ingredients in this product make it the perfect choice for sensitive skin, dry skin and even blemish prone skin. Oily skinned ladies might find this a little too dewy, but nothing a little bit of powder won't correct. No need for synthetic chemicals, preservatives or pointless filler ingredients here! Just pure, natural, organic goodness.
So let's break it down...
- Water (Aqua) - Water thins out the formula and ensures the product will blend over the skin smoothly and evenly. Water based foundations are great for dry skin as they provide an extra boost of hydration and a lovely dewy finish. They also work well for those with sensitive skin as the product won't clog pores.
- Bamboo Leaf Extract (Phyllostachys Nigra Extract) - Bamboo is used in Chinese medicine to speed up the healing of infections. It is rich is silica which helps the body to absorb key minerals and support collagen production. This wonderful ingredient will act as an anti-ageing hero by replenishing the lost silica in our skin.
- Propanediol - This ingredient helps the skin absorb the vital vitamins and minerals in other ingredients. It is an essential component for maximising the efficiency of the beneficial ingredients.
- Jojoba Seed Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil) - A very gentle ingredient suitable for even the most sensitive skin. Jojoba oil is easily absorbed by the skin and is especially beneficial in treating inflamed, irritated skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil) - Another wonder ingredient that is used in lots of plant-based cosmetics. Sweet almond oil comes exclusively from edible almonds selected for their sweet taste. It helps to soothe the skin and also repair any damage done to the collagen layer by providing amino acids required for the formation of collagen.
- Sucrose Palmitate - A fatty acid compound used as a skin conditioner to help smooth and soften the skin. It is derived from sugar cane and will also help to form a protective barrier against environmental aggressors.
- Cetearyl Alcohol - Derived from plants, this ingredient works as an emollient and a thickener to give the product a desirable texture.
- Glyceril Stearate - A naturally derived fatty acid used as an emulsifier. It helps to form a barrier on the skin to protect against free radical damage.
- Olive Glycerides - Derived from olive oil to add nourishing, moisturising and protective properties.
- Tocopherol - Also known as Vitamin E, a naturally occurring anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter) - An excellent naturally moisturising ingredient. Shea butter helps to heal all varieties of skin ailments including blemishes, eczema, dermatitis and sunburn.
- Potassium Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein - Naturally occurring and used as a skin conditioner for silky soft skin.
- Glyceryl Caprylate - A natural thickener for water-based products. Made from renewable sources and is a mild, non-irritating ingredient.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose - Naturally occurring organic mineral that is used as a bulking agent to give the product its desired texture.
- Cellulose Gum - A natural substance derived from plants. It's used as a thickening agent.
- Ci 77820 (Silver) - Also known as Micro Silver. A natural ingredient that is highly effective as an antimicrobial to help fight infection.
- Parfum (Fragrance) - Natural essential oils are used in very small amounts.
- Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) - A naturally occurring mineral used as a whitening agent and to block UV rays. If inhaled in large amounts, there is a risk of it being toxic, however, in cosmetics, as it is used in very small amount, it poses no risk to our health.
- Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides) - Pigments that are used to give the foundations their colour.